Terms of Service
What Lenovo Warranty Covers
Lenovo warrants that each hardware product that you purchase is free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use during the warranty period. The warranty period for the product starts on the original date of purchase specified on your sales receipt or invoice unless Lenovo informs you otherwise in writing.
THIS WARRANTY IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY AND REPLACES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THAT EVENT, SUCH WARRANTIES APPLY ONLY TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW AND ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD. NO WARRANTIES APPLY AFTER THAT PERIOD. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION ON DURATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
What Your Service Provider Will Do to Correct Problems
When you contact a Service Provider, you must follow the problem determination and resolution procedures specified. Your Service Provider will attempt to diagnose and resolve your problem over the telephone, Email or through remote assistance. Your Service Provider may direct you to download and install designated software updates. Some problems can be resolved with a replacement part that you can install yourself called a Customer Replaceable Unit or CRU. If so, your Service Provider will ship the CRU to you for you to install. If your problem cannot be resolved over the telephone or remotely, through your application of software updates or the installation of a CRU by you, your Service Provider will arrange for service under the type of warranty service designated for the product under the section titled Warranty Information. If your Service Provider determines that it is unable to repair your product, your Service Provider will replace it with one that is at least functionally equivalent. If your Service Provider determines that it is unable to either repair or replace your product, your sole remedy is to return the product to Lenovo for a refund of your purchase price.
Replacement of a Product or Part
When the warranty service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes Lenovos property and the replacement product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered Lenovo products and parts are eligible for replacement. The replacement product or part provided by Lenovo may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part. The replacement product or part shall be warranted for the balance of the period remaining on the original product.
Before your Service Provider replaces a product or part, you agree to:
- Remove all features, parts, options, alterations, and attachments not under warranty service.
- Ensure that the product or part is free of any legal obligations or restrictions that prevent its replacement.
- Obtain authorization from the owner to have your Service Provider service a product or part if you do not own it.
Where applicable, before service is provided, you agree to:
- Follow the service request procedures that your Service Provider specifies
- Backup or secure all programs and data contained in the product
- Provide your Service Provider with all system keys or passwords and sufficient, free, and safe access to your facilities to perform service
- Ensure that all information about identified or identifiable individuals (Personal Data) is deleted from the product or that, with respect to any Personal Data that you did not delete, you are in compliance with all applicable laws.
Use of Personal Information
If you obtain service under this warranty, Lenovo will store, use and process information about your warranty service and your contact information, including name, phone numbers, address, and Email address. Lenovo will use this information to perform service under this warranty and to improve our business relationship with you.
We may contact you to inquire about your satisfaction regarding our warranty service or to notify you about any product recalls or safety issues. In accomplishing these purposes, we may transfer your information to any country where we do business and may provide it to entities acting on our behalf. We may also disclose it where required by law.
What this Warranty Does not Cover
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Uninterrupted or error-free operation of a product;
- Loss of, or damage to, your data;
- Any software programs, whether provided with the product or installed subsequently;
- Failure or damage resulting from misuse, accident, modification, unsuitable physical or operating environment, natural disasters, power surges, or improper maintenance by you;
- Damage caused by a non-authorized service provider;
- Failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that Lenovo may provide or integrate into the Lenovo product at your request;
- And, any technical or other support, such as assistance with how-to questions and those regarding product set-up and installation.
This warranty is voided by removal or alteration of identification labels on the product or its parts.
*This is provided for information purposes only and may change without notice. To obtain the most up-to-date warranty information please visit: http://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/
Frontier PC Vancouver is a Lenovo Canada Authorized Warranty Service Centre for Lenovo ThinkPad Notebooks and Lenovo ThinkCentre Desktops. We provide in-house and on-site warranty and non-warranty service and repair of all models of Lenovo laptops and desktops. Call our team if you require warranty service for your Lenovo computers in Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond or elsewhere in the Lower Mainland. Our highly skilled and Lenovo trained technicians are ready to provide Lenovo Quality Service and Repair.