1. In Exchange, I can set policies like required passcodes and remote wipe. Does Office 365 mail offer such features?
Yes. The groupware components of Office 365 are, for all intents and purposes, a hosted Exchange service under the hood.
2. Can I used Office 365 shared calendars to see the free/busy time of other employees?
Yes. In Office 365 shared calendars, invitees can RSVP their status for others with permission to see. Because Office 365 calendars are powered by Exchange, they are as powerful as you would imagine.
3. I want a shared company directory with everyone's latest contact info. Is this possible?
Yes. Thanks to shared contacts in Outlook, a company directory or any list of contacts can be shared with anyone in your organization.
4. Emails and documents are important. Is my data backed up and safe from disaster?
Yes. As a cloud solution, all your data is stored redundantly off-site. An upgradable 50 GB of storage is provided with every Office 365 plan. If you require a longer term backup, please cotnact us for solutions.
5. Do I need to pay for more accounts for generic email addresses, such as firstname.lastname@example.org?
In most cases, no. Office 365 lets you create "aliases" for any email address. For example, you can point sales@ to johnsmith@. There is no cost associated with aliases, but they cannot be used to send mail.
6. We already use another service such as my ISP, Exchange, or Google Apps. Can my data be migrated over?
While not a component of Office 365 itself, flexible migration services are available from Frontier PC. Email, calendars, contacts and documents can all be easily transferred over regardless of your existing setup.
7. Can Frontier PC ensure all our workstations are set up properly after we move to Office 365?
Yes. We will ensure all of your users are ready to go on the new platform, and ensure all "old" accounts are deactivated.
8. Would there be any downtime involved in migrating to Office 365?
No. Due to the way the Internet works, DNS changes can take up to 24 hours to propogate worldwide. You simply need to ensure your old groupware solution stays active for about a day after migration is complete.
9. What versions of Office does Business Essentials work with?
Business Essentials is a low cost edition that does not include the Office suite. It is compatible with Office 2010 and 2013 for Windows, and 2011 and 2016 for Mac. Office 2007 is supported but limited.
10. What happens to my data if I cancel my subscription?
Office 365 makes heavy use of open standards such as IMAP, which makes migrating away easy. After cancelling, you are given 90 days to collect all your data.