Online Shopping Is Safe At FrontierPC.com
FrontierPC.com respects your privacy and concerns about how the information you provide to us may be used. We guarantee that all information you provide while using our website will be kept private and confidential - we do not sell or share this information with anyone outside of FrontierPC.com
We may occasionally send Email updates and product specials that may be of interest to our customers. If you do not wish to receive these mailings, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe procedure described in the Email. We guarantee that every transaction you make at FrontierPC.com will be 100% safe. We will guarantee up to the full amount of your purchase with us if any unauthorized charges are made to your credit as a result of shopping at FrontierPC.com. We use all the latest security methods and fraud detection techniques to protect all of the information you trust with us. All of your personal information is securely stored on our server behind a highly secure firewall. We ensure that our customer information is stored in the most secure manner and will never be available to anyone but our trusted FrontierPC.com staff.
Your privacy is important to us. Frontier Computer (FrontierPC.com) will respect your privacy through the protection of your Personal information.
Purpose And Consent
Before collecting Personal Information from you, we will explain to you the purpose of collecting it and we will only collect, use and disclose your Personal Information with your consent, except where otherwise permitted or required by law.
Our collection of Personal Information is limited to what is reasonable under the circumstances and your information will be used only for the purpose for which it is collected.
Your Personal Information is kept confidential and secure and is not disclosed to anyone outside our company without your consent, unless required by law.
You have the right to access to your own Personal Information and to correct any inaccuracies.
What Is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual. Data we collect with personal identifiers removed (so that it is impossible to determine the identity of the person to whom the information relates), is not considered Personal Information.
Our 10 Privacy Principles
Frontier Computer (FrontierPC.com) is committed to maintaining the confidentiality accuracy and security of your Personal Information. As part of this commitment, we have adopted the 10 Principles established by the Canadian Standards Association's Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. These principles form part of the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (the "Act"), which establishes rules governing the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information.
- Accountability: All Frontier Computer (FrontierPC.com) employees are responsible for maintaining and protecting all Personal Information under their control. Frontier Computer (FrontierPC.com) has designated an individual to oversee compliance with the Act and our 10 Privacy Principles.
- Identifying Purposes: We will identify the purposes for which Personal Information is collected, either before or at the time of collection.
- Consent: We will only collect, use and disclose your Personal Information with your consent, except where otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Limiting Collection: We will limit the collection of your Personal Information to only those details which are necessary for the purposes identified.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Your Personal Information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. We will only retain your Personal Information for the period of time required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Accuracy: We will keep Personal Information we collect as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Safeguards: We will protect the Personal Information we collect with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness: Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of Personal Information will be made readily available to you.
- Access: You may request access to your Personal Information at any time to review its content and accuracy and have it amended as appropriate. If your information is not accurate or complete, please contact us to have it changed.
- Challenging Compliance: You may contact us with any questions, or complaints or suggestions with respect to our Privacy Principles.
Personal Information We Collect
With your consent, Frontier Computer (FrontierPC.com) and its affiliated companies may collect Personal Information from you in person, over the telephone, by mail or through the Internet. For example, the types of information we collect may include your:
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
- Credit History
- Transaction History
- Social Insurance Number (optional)
It is always your choice whether or not you provide us with your Personal Information. However, a decision to withhold certain Personal Information may restrict or prevent us from approving the provision of products or services to you, such as issuing a credit card to you or authorizing an increase to your credit limit, or maintaining your account.
How We Use Your Information
Our Relationship With You Is Important To Us! We want to provide you with value added service on an on-going basis and to establish a long lasting relationship with you that will grow and change to meet your needs.
Frontier Computer (FrontierPC.com) collects and shares Personal Information about you to:
- identify you
- establish and maintain a relationship with you and to provide you with on-going service(s)
- promote our products and services to you
- process your application for credit or other services
- assess and update your credit worthiness on an ongoing basis
- open, service, process and maintain your credit account
- protect you and us against error and fraud
- comply with legal requirements
Your Personal Information may also be used to create statistics about our business. These statistics would not contain any information that could identify you personally.
We may share your Personal Information with other parties, but only in the following limited circumstances:
- In order to administer the delivery of products and services to you, we may share your Personal Information with the following entities:
- Credit reporting agencies
- other financial institutions
- data storage providers
- data and payment processors
- credit card printers
- cheque printers
- statement producers
- claims processors
- collection agencies
- third party call centres
- delivery companies and account administrators
- Companies that provide and administer insurance, membership and card registry services or other services that you may have requested; or Other businesses within our group of companies.
- To market and sell products and services offered by businesses within our group of companies, we may share your Personal Information with: Other businesses within our group of companies;
- or Mailing houses, letter generators, sales and marketing agencies, organizations that provide and service our products or services.
We will not sell your Personal Information to any organization, for any purpose.
You Can Choose Not To Receive Personalized Direct Marketing Communications.
We may inform you about products or services by mail, telephone, email or other means. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications, simply contact us and tell us that you do not wish to be contacted in a particular manner. It may take a few weeks for your request to take effect.
The cornerstone to protecting your privacy is consent. We will only collect, use and disclose your Personal Information with your consent, except where otherwise permitted or required by law.
Consent can be express or it may be implied in appropriate circumstances.
You may choose not to provide us with any of your Personal Information. However, if you make this choice, we may not be able to provide you with the product, service or information that you requested or that could be offered to you. For example, we can only offer you a credit account if you have provided us with certain Personal Information of a financial nature.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you withdraw your consent, the implications of such withdrawal may be that we are not able to provide or continue to provide you with the product or service you requested. In addition, our ability to communicate with you will be diminished. To withdraw your consent, simply contact us and advise us of what Personal Information you no longer wish us to collect, use or disclose. It may take a few weeks for your request to take effect.
Accessing your Personal Information
You may access and verify the accuracy of your Personal Information. At the time of your request, we will need specific information from you to verify your identity, before we can provide you with the Personal Information we hold.
There may be instances when we will not be able to provide you with the Personal Information that you request. Examples are if the Personal Information:
- contains references to other persons;
- has already been destroyed due to legal requirements or because we no longer needed it for our purposes; or
- cannot be disclosed for legal reasons.
Changing Your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the accuracy of your Personal Information for as long as it is being used for the purposes we have identified. To help us keep your Personal Information up-to-date, we encourage you to notify us of inaccuracies or corrections. Notification of changes such as your address or telephone number will help us provide you with the best possible service.
If you identify any incorrect or outdated information requiring amendment, please contact us. We may ask you to put your request for a correction in writing. We will make the proper changes and provide you with a copy of the corrected information, on your request. Our Personal Information Officer can be reached at: Privacy@FrontierPC.com